Digital Shopping Cart

I have been doing this a lot lately. Every time I plan a wedding shopping excursion, I make sure to take along my digital camera. While I am browsing, I take pictures of things I like, rather than purchasing them on the spot. Be sure to turn off your flash as not to draw attention to yourself, some stores may not approve of your flashy behavior. When I get home, I review what I took, and it helps me make better decisions about what I will be purchasing for décor. I am able to compare items, and pick out exactly the ones I want. I save my photos on my flash drive, in a folder called “shopping,” and label each subfolder with the name of the store I visited. Once you narrow your options down you can return to the stores to purchase them more confidently.

I like to visit places like Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn to take photos of their table settings, and table décor. I then head over to my local craft store to see if they have similar items that fit my budget.

Another great idea, is to start an inspiration board. Print the photos of items you absolutely love, and pin them up on a bulletin board to see how well everything goes together. You can also pin up photos you’ve pulled from magazines of flowers you like, or your bridesmaid dresses, ribbon, swatches, invitations, etc.

No comments: