Paper Source

I love this place! I am a graphic designer that has an obsession with stationary. I have chosen to take on the task of designing and assembling everything made out of paper at our wedding. My checklist thus far consists of the following items:

Save the Dates
Invitation Card
Invitation Band Wrap
Insert Cards: Location * Map * Reception * RSVP
Vellum tags for hotel bags and bridal party gift bags
Bears Schedule Post Card for Hotel Bags (with directions to the church on back)
10-page wedding program
Table Numbers
Place Cards
Menu Cards
Favor Packaging
Letterhead for vendor correspondence
Thank You Cards

I am going to be busy! At my favorite Paper Source, located in River North, they already know me by name, and I am still in the trial and error phase. I have yet to place my BIG order.

Paper Source has an entire room filled with card stock of pretty much any color you can think of. They have books of examples for inspiration, and a friendly staff willing to help guide you in the right direction. You can venture upstairs to find all sorts of amazing little accents, and supplies. They do offer workshops, I have yet to partake. Even if you are not doing your invitations yourself, the store has everything you need for those extra items like gift tags, lables and place cards.

One of the coolest things I bought was our return address embosser. Since we already live together (it is 2007, this should not be shocking), we chose to leave our names off our return address, and simply just have our address. This way, after we are married, we can still use the plate (they are $25 each) until we move. We will then incorporate the “Mr. and Mrs.”

If you are going traditional with your invites, you can have your parents address embossed onto a plate as well.

They have Chicago locations in Lincoln Park, River North, Evanston, Highland Park, and Oak Park.

No comments: