Photag Prelims

I have started the search for my wedding photographer. This can be one of the most meticulous searches of your planning process, second only to finding your perfect groom.

I started by asking my reception venue for a list of recommended photographers, and soon ruled them out one by one. I then asked around. I found this to be more helpful, and I learned what I needed to be asking.

Do you have an assistant working with you?

Do you provide all-day coverage of my events?

Do you take an unlimited amount of photos?

Will you be able to shoot at several locations (i.e. church, venue grounds)

Do you offer my guests easy online ordering of prints?

How long will these prints be available online for my guests to order?

Do you give me a CD or DVD with all of my high resolution photos?

How long will it take before I receive this CD or DVD?

What type of albums do you offer?

What is your deposit requirement?

Do I get to keep my proof book, if one is printed?

What are your engagement photo session rates?

Do we get to choose our engagement photo session location?

Do you offer my guests easy online ordering of our engagement photo prints?

Do you have a back up plan if your camera breaks?

How long have you been a wedding photographer?

What is your style of photography?

Can I see your portfolio?

Today, you will find many photographers that are taking a photo-journalistic approach to wedding photography. This is unique way to capture every moment of your day and not be stuck with only those posed shots. This gives you an opportunity to really create a story when creating your wedding album. If you find that you do not like the albums that your chosen photographer offers, you have the option to use several online resources to create your own wedding album using the high-resolution images that your photographer provided you on CD or DVD. Several online vendors I came across while contemplating this notion are listed below:

I have found that most of these sites offer several ways to create a wedding album. You can create a hard copy book for yourself, your parents and the all-important new in-laws. As well as making fun little paperback books to give to you bridal party or to carry with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.