Fall Faux Pa

With much consideration to Chicago's rainy spring months and sticky summer days, my fiancé and decided on having a Fall wedding. I have notice a trend when it comes to bride's planning fall wedding, and this is choosing Autumn-Themed decor.

I must ask myself, do these brides really love squash, pumpkins and wheat this much, or are have they become victim to the Fall Faux Pa of wedding planning? Just because your wedding is to be held in a particular season, does not mean you need to run out and grab every item from the seasonal aisle at Hobby Lobby. Express your personal creativity and get past this typical decor barrier. We chose late September because Chicago weather is unbeatable in the fall. The first question I am asked when I tell friends of our date is: 'are you doing a fall theme?' My answer is no. I am quite sure my florist will have flowers in other colors beside burnt orange, rustic red and squash yellow. If I do find my selection is limited, I am not afraid to mix in a few beautiful silk replacements to match my decor, or go with a classic white arrangements and accent with my colors elsewhere.

2 comments:

katy said...

Let's not kid ourselves, you'd go pink no matter what time of year!!! :)

Administrator said...

True