Pieces of our Day


I have been searching for a unique way to create a guest book. I decided to make a mosaic table using tiles signed by our guests. I am using white unfinished tiles that are 1.5" square. To fill in, I will use colorful mosaic tiles that can be purchased at any craft store. I will also start shopping for a table I like, and will have a recessed level routered on the table top, leaving about an inch border. Our guests will signed each tile individually with a permanent black sharpie marker, and the will be stored safely on our wedding night. I will later finish each one with a sealant so they will not smear. I can then start arranging the tiles on my table top, and finish with a light amount of grout. I will also allow room in the center for one larger tile with our names, and wedding date. This will make for a great conversation piece, and will be perfect for displaying our wedding photos in our new home.

No comments: