An Amazing Wedding Website

The very first thing I did when I got engaged, was create a Wedding Website. I wanted a tool that was easy for all of my friends, family and guests to use as our wedding plans progressed. I wanted a site that looked like it's own entity, and was not part of one of the many popular online wedding resources (i.e. theknot.com or brides.com) Although these websites are useful for generating ideas, I would stear clear of using their websites. Your guests will get confused.

I wanted a site that would allow us to use our own domain name, this was really important to my fiance and me, as it would be something easy for our guests to remember. I also wanted it simple, offering our guests only the important information that they would need to know for our entire engagement process. I came across Wed Page Designs, a web hosting site, dedicated to the internet-savy Bride.


Here are a few of the site's features:
  • Simple.

  • Multipage Design: you chose what sections you want.

  • Allows you to choose your own Domain Name: $80 for a 3 year supscription example: www.smith-johnsonwedding.com
  • Password Protect your website.

  • Change information instantly with Wed Page Designs login account.

  • Guests can download Maps and Directions.

  • Navigate your guests to your online Bridal Registries.

  • Add photos, slideshows, guestbook and RSVP section.

The most important function that this site offers is the ability to enter the addresses of all your events so your guests can generate Google maps on their own. I am a bit of a wedding invitation snob, and there is nothing worse than recieving an invitaion with a folded up map inside along with directions from every end of the earth. With Wed Page Designs, our guests can print there own directions and maps, saving us the paper and the clutter. We plan to simply list our wedding website on our invitations along with the password for our guests.

No comments: