Bringing Blingy Back

So, I became a bit obsessed with taking my engagement ring to the jeweler to have it cleaned. After about my 5th trip, they finally disclosed a wonderful bit of advice that I will now share with you. To clean your ring at home, fill a saucepan to about an inch with water and boil. Bring the temperature back to medium and add 2 drops of Palmolive Dish Soap. Holding your ring with your fingers, carefully dip it into the hot water for about a minute. Next, take an extra soft toothbrush (the kind they make for kids) and gently brush your ring from the under side. Diamonds sparkle because light reflects off of the bottom of the stone, when this surface is clean, they sparkle brighter. Your ring should have tiny spaces underneath the setting for this very purpose. Rince, and repeat: brushing the top surface of your ring as well. To finish, carefully blot with a soft cloth. Wha-Laa: The bling is back!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Awesome! I'll have to keep that in mind, should I ever have an engagement ring to clean! ;)